PhotoVoice can be commissioned to design and deliver activities and projects worldwide
PhotoVoice has designed and delivered participatory photography projects on behalf of organisations all over the world, covering a variety of different topics, issues, and types of engagement.
Drawing from PhotoVoice’s award-winning expertise and extensive experience, we have delivered projects for organisations including the Overseas Development Institute, British Red Cross, Save the Children, Frontline AIDS, Christian Aid and many more.
We’ve also worked in partnership with a range of academic institutions and universities.
PhotoVoice’s methodology can be applied to a variety of programmes, including:
- Community engagement in programmes
- Consultation, monitoring and evaluation
- Campaigns and advocacy
- Skills building for community-based organisations
- Co-produced resource development
PhotoVoice’s activities are guided by its Statement of Ethical Practice.
Types of project and activity
PhotoVoice can design and deliver custom programmes, which include:
- Developing a complete programme of participatory photography, using our extensive experience, and based on our categories of activity.
- This would include project design, workshop planning and delivery, procurement of cameras, evaluation and report, and exhibition.
- Such activities can be run as weekly sessions (if based in the UK) or over a specific period of international delivery.
- Projects can have multiple points of engagement, spanning months or even years.
- Capacity building for local staff to implement their own participatory photography programmes, with remote support from PhotoVoice.
- Accompanied by PhotoVoice’s acclaimed training courses, these projects can help embed required skills and considerations to local organisations, with PhotoVoice able to provide ongoing support during any period of delivery.
- PhotoVoice can co-facilitate workshops in partnership, with many organisations requesting a bespoke training course, and follow up consultancy sessions for delivery.
- Support for specific activities or projects based on key aspects of our methodology.
- This can include consultancy on workshop design, ethical consent, exhibition, curation or others.
Why Work with PhotoVoice?
PhotoVoice has nearly 25 years experience in working all over the world with underrepresented or issue affected communities. We have developed unique approaches which help to develop the skills and confidence needed to use photography as a tool of communication.
We have developed programmes and systems which facilitate images and stories to reach the people who need to hear them.
By providing expertise in the practical and ethical use of photography, alongside a robust understanding of community engagement methods, we have facilitated productive, positive, and constructive dialogue between organisations, their beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
This has increased the effectiveness, responsiveness and relevance of programmes, helped identify new opportunities and priorities, and provided valuable evidence based on lived-experience to help organisations communicate the impact of their work.
We have tiered day-rates based on the income levels of organisations commissioning us, to ensure that we are able to work in partnership with a range of organisations.
Blesma, The Limbless Veterans
British Red Cross
The Overseas Development Institute
City, University of London