The autumn edition is now closed.
The idea of storytelling is an important element of PhotoVoice’s work.
Each quarter, a new photographic competition, developed in partnership with theprintspace, will invite submissions from photographers worldwide, inspired by PhotoVoice’s values which guide our work, and judged by an expert panel.
The Autumn Edition theme is ‘Stories of Encounters’, and entrants are invited to interpret this theme in any way they choose.
The entries will be judged by an expert panel which includes Nicholas Goodden, founder and director of Street Photography London Collective, ANTON, Creative Director at Lots of Little Ideas and founder of Photographers Dining Club and Meesha Bryant, Founder and Director of Bolt Creative Agency and publishing director of Under the Influence magazine.
Winners will receive the following:
PhotoVoice’s Gold and Platinum members will also receive an A3 print of the winning photographs as part of their membership.
Click here to find out more about theprintspace.
Judges: ANTON, Nicholas Goodden, and Meesh Bryant
Entering the Awards is free for PhotoVoice members, or a £20 donation for non-members. If you are already a PhotoVoice member please follow the instructions on this page to submit your entry. To become a PhotoVoice member please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
To find out more about PhotoVoice membership, visit www.photovoice.org/membership
To enter theprintspace PhotoVoice Awards, you’ll need to sign up to thehub and set up a free account, which comes with 10GB storage.
1. Upload your images – don’t forget that the maximum images allowed is 6. Please upload your images at a minimum of 1200px (shortest side) at 300dpi
2. A supporting text of your work is compulsory, of maximum 150 words. To submit text with your submission, please upload a JPEG of your text file and place it as the first page of your gallery.
3. Once you have uploaded your images and text, under the ‘Images’ tab select the 6 images that you want to submit. Once you have selected these, a blue tab will appear at the bottom of your screen with several options. Please select ‘Create Gallery’.
4. Click ‘Let’s Go’ on the next screen.
5. This is your gallery editor. On the left you’ll see several tabs which open up into a list of options – click on ‘Gallery Settings’.
6. In the first box, you’ll see it says ‘Enter Gallery Title Here’. You’ll need to enter your name and PhotoVoice membership number here, in the following format: PhotoVoiceAutumn15_PhotoVoiceMembershipNumber_FirstName_LastName.
7. This is what we use to track submissions, so please make sure you have entered it correctly.
8. In the box underneath, titled ‘Enter Gallery Description Here’, please indicate whether you are submitting your entry as a single image, or as part of a series.
9. Once you have joined PhotoVoice or donated your competition entry fee, you will receive your PhotoVoice membership number. If you are already a PhotoVoice member, you can submit your entry using the membership code you should have already received via email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received your membership number. You will receive a response during business hours.
10. You can customise your gallery as you wish. To re-order images, click the tab ‘Images In Gallery’ and drag-and-drop to move around your images.
11. Once you’re finished, click ‘Save’ underneath the list of options.
12. Once you have completed these steps, your submission will then show up in our system and there is nothing further to do.