PhotoVoice CONNECT is a new approach to delivering participatory photography programmes online, developed by PhotoVoice, developed in 2020 to recognise the impact of restrictions to in-person workshops and engagement.
PhotoVoice developed a new toolkit, supported by a bespoke online platform which provides a new way to achieve comprehensive community engagement online.
Emphasising the principles of ethical and safe engagement, PhotoVoice CONNECT combines elements which have been rigorously tested to ensure online projects and training activities are provided as effectively and safely as possible.
These tools are integrated to ensure that the user experience is seamless, with expert facilitators controlling the flow of content, information, and activities.
Online Training with PhotoVoice Connect
PhotoVoice is delighted to offer an online version of its acclaimed training course, delivered over the course of five days. These courses will cover a range of topics, using a combination of group sessions, self-guided learning, and photography activities.
The curriculum covers:
- What is participatory photography?
- Photography as a tool for participation
- Visual literacy
- Workshop and project design practicalities
- Facilitation skills
- Ethics, informed consent and copyright
- Understanding and working with risk
- Creating a safe space
- Working with text
- Participatory editing
Evaluation Data Summaries (2021 - 2023)
- The course met my objectives: 96% agree or strongly agree
- I would recommend this course: 96% agree or strongly agree
- I feel confident in my ability to run participatory photography courses: 91% agree or strongly agree
- The training content met my expectations: 97% agree or strongly agree
- The facilitator: 4.69
- The online experience: 4.3
- The course length: 4.08
- The course handbook: 4.46
- The independent learning resources: 4.33